 Fabuland / 177
Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fabuland
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:51:43 GMT

In lugnet.fabuland, Ben Roller wrote:

In lugnet.fabuland, Bradley Dale writes:
It looks good, and isn't Town Jr.

Yeah, but if it were big it wouldn't be $9.99.

I never said that it wasn't a good set for the price.  If it were bigger, and
had a better selection of parts then it wouldn't be Town Jr.

The "Town Jr.-ness" of a set doesn't have to do with its size or
completeness.  When was the last time LEGO produced a building with 4
sides?  And most LEGO buildings are extremely cramped.  The idea is to
convey the purpose of the building effectively.  The McDonalds set does
that pretty well.

Jr. sets use SPUD pieces, with a design *so* simplified, the model is
broken.  Cars without doors, tow trucks where the tow is a click-bendy arm.
Those things are juniorized.

Steve