 Fabuland / *162 (-20)
  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) Well, Pooh is Duplo. And I am not a Duplo builder. I'll admit, McDonalds is good. Those Happy Meal things last year got me out of a dark age! I have no idea what Amtrak is, and I've never gotten a Shell promo (though they don't look (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) I don't understand how people can say this. If they were selling film then I'd agree, but I just don't see how anyone could run a restaurant in building that small. (...) This, and for the other parts, is a big reason that lots of people buy (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) on (...) call (...) And it's probably ultimately more saleable in the current US than Fabuland would be. Kids today, especially young ones, are so connected to Disney and other "brands" that it can be hard to sell them something else. Also, (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) The McDonalds is a restaurant for the minifigs. It does not feature any goofy McDonaldsland characters. It looks good, and isn't Town Jr. So yes, I want it. (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) ROFL... Todd, you seriously have nothing better to do than research Bradley's posts?! <grin, duck and run> (...) I buy SW because it's the best thing that ever happened to Castle. ;-) -Shiri -- I'll be on vacation between July 15th and the end (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Don't forget Pooh, or McDonalds, or Amtrak (4558), or the soccer sets, or Shell, or every promo set they've put out. They should stick to things that they came up with, like policemen, firemen, the coast guard, racing cars, construction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

(...) Even McDonald's? <duck> (URL) (...) Arctic <==> South Park + The X-Files + The Thing Adventurers <==> The Mummy + Indiana Jones + Jurassic Park Aquazone <==> Sea Quest + The Abyss DUPLO Dinosaurs <==> Land of the Lost Fabuland <=> Richard (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

Bradley Dale wrote in message ... (...) Well, you're missing out on some great parts packs in the 71xx series, and I'm not at all dissapointed with the Mickey Mouse sets. They are just as usefull to me as Fabuland sets (well, maybe not quite so (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.general)

  Re: My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

My feelings on the Mickey thing is that Lego should not make products based on other companies' ideas just to get money. They should use their own ideas, they are better anyway. I don't buy Star Wars, and I won't buy this. (...) enough parts I am (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  My feelings on the Mickey Mouse sets

I just received three of the sets (I didn't order 4164, it didn't look to have enough parts I am really interested in, though I'll probably have to get one for completeness... I am waiting for 4178 Mickey's Fishing Adventure ($24.99) which was not (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Question about new Mickey Sets

(...) Thanks. I don't mind so much that the pin and loops are gone. The pins always got in the way of my building. I'm very excited that the kept the metal axles. That means they are very sturdy. Hopefully they will make some other colors other than (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

John Warren <warren71@webtv.net> wrote in message news:Fx97qv.Lr7@lugnet.com... (...) They are still metal. The original front loop and back pin have been replaced by an apron on each end. A tow hook can grab hold under it, but it will take some (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Question about new Mickey Sets

I was curious about the black car wheel bases. that comes with the new mickey sets. Are the wheels connected via a metal axle like the old fabuland wheel bases or did they change them to plastic? John (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: I am the First to Own a Disney set

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:Fx5n9w.96B@lugnet.com... (...) August) from S@H, and with the new pricing, you just need to (...) (of course you're supposed to pay the sales tax anywise). (...) Ordered all, received 4, and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: I am the First to Own a Disney set

sheree rosenkrantz wrote in message ... (...) You can order all the sets (except 4178 which isn't available until August) from S@H, and with the new pricing, you just need to order $167 of stuff for the shipping cost to be lower than 6% sales tax (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: New Scala sets in American online catalog

Frank Filz wrote in message ... (...) I just tried ordering a couple of these from S@H (3148 and 3159). The salesperson asked where I had heard about them, so I mentioned the online catalog. They will be out sometime in August. The prices for those (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jul-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuland element on Fright Knights castle

(...) Certainly not. I was a theme from the 8os which used the later large minifig bodies with animal heads and normal lego size pieces. They were aimed at younger children and came with story book form instructions rather than plans. They are cute (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuland element on Fright Knights castle

(...) the (...) explain (...) There's a shovel in the black cat rig set. Alan (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuland element on Fright Knights castle

(...) the (...) explain (...) I found one in my fright knights castle but that's all.I thought fabuland was a Duplo theme, but couldnt get the couldron to fit on a Duplo brick.Does anyone know why? (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Fabuland element on Fright Knights castle

(...) Sorta, a few fabuland pieces were recycled to make the new Belville treasure chest. -Shiri (24 years ago, 2-Jul-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact