 Events / NWBrickCon / *89 (-20)
  NWBrickCon Animation Competition

In combination with today's release of the new CoolBrickMovies.com website, I am announcing the official Cool Brick Movies - NWBrickCon Animation Competition that will take place on Saturday of NWBrickCon 2003. What follows are the official rules of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jun-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Re: NWbrickcon 2003 ?

(...) Egad, sorry for the late response Dave. We have been discussing the matter, and I think we will be talking more seriously at our SEALUG meeting on June 7th. More news later. ~Grand Admiral (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  NWbrickcon 2003 ?

Does anyone know if there is going to be a brickcon this year ? and if so what days will it be on ? trying to book holidays at work and they wanna know now for what weeks I want off . Thanks Dave (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: Animation Competition 03

Seth, Here are some thoughts that I had from the three animation festivals that I have been envolved with. They are formed as responses to your post. (...) The reason I show every animation sent to me is that I am not comfortable deciding by myself (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Animation Competition 03

Thanks for the suggestions. From everything that I've been hearing, I'm leaning more towards not showing every single entry at the actual Festival. My plan, as of now, is to find some time earlier that day when I could screen all of the films. This (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Animation Competition 2003

(...) Actually, a better solution is to have the animations pre-judged, and show only the best (which can include runners up). This way you can put together a 30-45 minute presentation that most folks will be willing to sit through. If space is (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Re: Animation Competition 2003

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Seth Rotkin writes: Seth you might want to talk to Todd Thuma about this to pick his brain. He has run several animation festivals for both brickswest and Bricksfest. One thing that occured this past week at BW03 was (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation)

  Animation Competition 2003

Animators, attendees, lurkers, I am happy to announce that Cool Brick Movies (URL) will be sponsoring and running the Animation Competition at NWBrickCon in Seattle, October, 2003. This event will be sure to be a big crowd-getter, and will be fun (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation) !

  Re: NWBrickCon Thank You's

(...) LOL, I still get a kick out of this, Ever since I saw your bricks I've been looking at them thinking how cool that was. (having done some machining I do appreciate the work) So I get to meet you (Bram) at the con, check out his bricks and end (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Thank You's

(...) But of course. I enjoyed having a ton of AFOLs crammed into my house. Come back again sometime and maybe we'll have time to build something. (...) I need to thank Sproat for this, because it saved me the trip as well. ~GAMH (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBC Post Mortem meeting notes, warning LONG

Mark, Thanks for such a complete post mortem. All in all, I would say NWBrickCon was a huge success. True, it was a very different con than BrickFest, and even quite different from BricksWest, but a success it was. (...) More space would be nice, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: NWBrickCon Thank You's

(...) Speaking of monorails Jon, were you guys able to come up with some standard for monorails running through moonbase modules? -alex (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  RE: NWBrickCon Thank You's

(...) Didn't do much visiting of the city this time, but I also had a great time for my second trip to Seattle. (...) Ditto. Enjoy your keychains! :) (...) Mark's house was the place to be. Thanks! (...) This far surpassed my expectations...and the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  NWBrickCon Thank You's

I had a blast. This was a great way to visit Seattle for the first time. Thank you to: -Mark and Raven and everyone else who organized this. You guys rock. I would have long ago lost my mind due to all the planning. -Mark Sandlin and his lovely wife (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: NWBC Post Mortem meeting notes, warning LONG

Mark wrote in message ... (...) Thanks for posting this, Mark - I just wanted to add a few comments: (...) Yes indeed, more space! However, the *kind* of space is important... the three thngs that struck me most were: - separation of different (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Re: Thanks for being a part of NWBC

Mark wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Mark, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! I've forwarded your message to our club mailing list so those who don't read LUGNET regularly will see it. Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  Thanks for being a part of NWBC

To all the gang at VLC who made the trip south for NWBrickCon, Thank You. The event couldn't have happened without all of your efforts and we appreciate it. I heard that VLC is interested in being more involved with NWBC, and we'd more than love to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general)

  NWBC Post Mortem meeting notes, warning LONG

<<I posted this to our Yahoo Groups page, I thought I'd put it here as well for all whom are interested>> We had a good meeting, thanks all for coming, It'll give a good foundation for NWBC2003. High points discussed: 1 More space needed. We are (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general) !

  Monorail roll call

Wow, the moonbase layout at NWBrickCon was a terrific success!!! The monorail running throughout it was a huge crowd pleaser, especially for young girls and boys, who actually fixated their attention for minutes on end. I've got a fair amount of (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: NWBrickCon, whew. We made it

(...) Me too, and the time I did spend meeting and talking to people was awesome! (...) I'm glad so many people from Portland were able to make it up -- because I missed out on the Beaverton Mall thing. (...) To Mark and David and Dan and everyone (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact