 Events / NWBrickCon / 85
Re: Animation Competition 03
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 00:42:54 GMT

Thanks for the suggestions.

From everything that I've been hearing, I'm leaning more towards not showing
every single entry at the actual Festival.

My plan, as of now, is to find some time earlier that day when I could
screen all of the films.  This would be a much smaller event than the actual
competition.  People would not have to stay the entire time, but could rate
the films that they DID see on a scale of 1-100.  Then, a certain number of
films with the best average would be shown.  The number of films passed on
would depend on the number of entries.

Another method would be to also allow an organizer's award.  This would
allow films that the four or five organizers thought were incredibly great
[one or two films] to automatically be screened at the festival.

In this way, the actual competition would have, for example, two films that
the organizers had picked to automatically go on, and about 30-40 minute's
worth of films that the screening commitee had chosen to move on.  From
there, one film could win the Jury Award [from the organizers] and one coudl
win the Audience Pick from the audience at the festival.  There would be a
runner up in both of these catagories.

In this way, people could see as much or as little as they wanted, and
because of the ranking system from 1-100, people would not fell the need to
stay for the entire screening or festival.

The will probably be my course of action.  How many people would actually be
willing to sit through some films in a screening room and nominate
legomation for the actual competition?

-Seth