 Events / NWBrickCon / 82
81  |  83
Subject:
Animation Competition 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 01:26:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Animators, attendees, lurkers,

I am happy to announce that Cool Brick Movies
<http://www.coolbrickmovies.com> will be sponsoring and running the
Animation Competition at NWBrickCon in Seattle, October, 2003.  This event
will be sure to be a big crowd-getter, and will be fun for the animators and
movie-goers alike.

I am completely responsible for the rules and set-up of the event.  Because
this idea is still relatively new, I have decided to do things a bit
differently.  Although I pretty much know how this is going to work [what
the prizes will be, what the rules of entry are], I thought that the
community might have something to make it better.

What are your suggestions for an animation festival?  What genres or
sub-catagories would you like to see?  What side-competitions would be
interesting?  What prizes should be given?  Basically, what do you think
would be cool at an animation competition that has worked in the past or has
never been tried before?

I of course have final say on the guidelines, but I will consider every
suggestion as the official rules begin to formulate.

The final rules should be ready in a few weeks.

Animators:  start your filming!

-Seth Rotkin
BrickMaster of Cool Brick Movies
http://www.coolbrickmovies.com

P.S.  A new film of mine will be premiering at the festival to get things
started, although it will not be an acutal part of the competition.