 Events / NWBrickCon / 70
Re: NWBrickCon, whew. We made it
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 20:45:37 GMT

In lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, Mark Neumann writes:
First for all those whom I didn't get a quarter of the time to talk to, I'm
sorry I missed you.  I was really hoping to get to know the folks whom took
the time to come.

Me too, and the time I did spend meeting and talking to people was awesome!

Second, for those that missed NWBC, we missed you.  Fun was had by all and
It was a phenominal event.

I'm glad so many people from Portland were able to make it up -- because I
missed out on the Beaverton Mall thing.

Third, I wanted to thank again all those that came together and did a LOT of
hard work to make NWBC come off as well as it did.  We made it look easy.
It wasn't, and it was really the help of all of you that made that a reality.
Thank you.

To Mark and David and Dan and everyone who worked to help make this event a
reality, you put your heart and soul into this and I had a blast and am
already looking forward to next year.

Fourth, we're already planning for NWBC 2003.  We're planning on quadrupling
the space, getting some more sponsors, and media support.  So, start
planning your MOCs, get ready for many awe inspired kids (young and old),
and be prepared to have more fun than you can handle.  See you in 2003!

I'd love to help out on monorail stuff next year -- I have an insane amount of
track that could be put to use.  :-)

*Public crowds are estimated at 10,000 people for the weekend.

And all smiling!

*A moonbase layout with four monorail circuits that took up 120 sq/ft.

This was the most amazing crowd pleaser.  It really warmed my heart to see
some people spend a half hour in the room looking at every detail.  I love
train layouts but my first love is Space, and a large monorail setup brings
it to a whole new level.

*A ferry boat with over 34,000 peices.  (34,777 if I remember correctly)

And Wayne Hussey says he has the entire thing modeled in MLCAD -- amazing!

--Todd