 Events / NWBrickCon / 71
70  |  72
Subject:
Monorail roll call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.org
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 22:30:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Wow, the moonbase layout at NWBrickCon was a terrific success!!!  The monorail
running throughout it was a huge crowd pleaser, especially for young girls and
boys, who actually fixated their attention for minutes on end.

I've got a fair amount of monorail track (about 250 linear feet) but not a
lot of space for layouts, so it's sitting unused in boxes.  I'm curious how
much monorail track is "out there" that could potentially be brought together
for shows.  The Moonbase Project makes ad-hoc layouts easier than ever before.

If you have monorail track or cars in your collection and are potentially
willing to bring or ship some or all of it to shows, step forth!

Name:  Todd Lehman
Location:  Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Monorail Elements:
   1/4-circle Curved:  96
   1/8-circle Curved:  6 left (#2892L), 6 right (#2891R)
   8L Straight:  41
   32L Straight:  37
   16L Stop/Reverse Switch:  16
   32L Switch:  7 left, 6 right
   32L Incline/Decline:  47 top, 42 bottom
   Stanchions:  124 large, 46 small
   Car beds:  3
   Motors:  3

Calculating linear studs...

1/4-circle Curved:  44 linear studs
1/8-circle Curved:  22 linear studs
8L Straight:   8 linear studs
32L Straight:  32 linear studs
16L Stop/Reverse:  16 linear studs
32L Switch:  54 linear studs (not including 1/8-circle curved element)
32L Incline/Decline:  64 linear studs per matched pair

Converting linear studs to linear feet/meters...

There are approximately 3.2 studs per inch, or 38.4 studs per foot, or 126
studs per meter.

--Todd

[followups to .space]