 Space / 18136
Re: Monorail roll call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 04:32:51 GMT

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:H3n5vI.598@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.space, Cary Clark writes:
I have to hop about my home layout quite a bit whenever visiting kids • insist
that I run two monorail trains at a time. I can't imagine the gymnastics • I'd
require to run four at once.

As many a Michlugger can attest to, running 3 monorails at one time is a
surefire accident in the works.  We frequently run 2 or 3 at our shows, • and
eventually 1 or 2 will end up off the track and on the layout. We try to • look
out for it, and sometimes will grab the slower one and put it behind the • faster
one, but we don't always catch it in time. It's expected now.

Why not automate the monorail start/stops?

I made pretty small switcher for our upcoming layout, if anyone's interested
I'll post the pics.

Dean