 Events / BrickFest / 3292 (-20)
  Need airport pickup

I will be arriving at Reagan National (DCA) around 5 PM on Thursday. If anyone will be arriving at a similar time, or otherwise I can get a ride over to GMU, that would be handy (I will probably also need a ride later in the evening to the Comfort (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Heads up

(...) Darnit, Rob, how many times have I told you to wear eye protection when using a Dremel tool? ;) just had to throw my $0.02 from the peanut gallery. I promise not to ask about the shiner...now, maybe I'll ask Leah... ;) (nah, seriously, I won't (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring your money

(...) I would imagine that costs aren't fixed from year to year, such as facilities, services, and administration. The price of facilities rental alone in the Washington D.C. suburbs has increased at almost the same pace as the real estate. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring your money

(...) How do the proceeds benefit all attendees? I'm not trying to be sarcastic; I'm legitimately asking the question, because I really don't know. Brickfest has been at the same place, and the attendance is larger each year, but the admission fee (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) Kevin- No problem; as always, the community has come through and a labor-for-corner arrangement appears to have been made. Thanks for the reply! LFB (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

Ahhh, administratia! (...) That was part of my reason for posting here. See, what's happened is that I've been in the middle of southern Africa; I only got back three weeks ago, and the only thing I was able to do was actually register (then pay of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) This sounds positive to me! Lots of people selling. Yeah. Steve (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  If I could as KKK and TLG Chairman a question....

Unfortunately I won't be at Brickfest, but if I were, I would love to ask KKK and the new Lego Chairman a question..... Dear Sirs, In 2005 TLG is celebrating 50 years of the "Lego System of Play" going back to 1955 with the introduction of the "Town (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Deadline fast Approaching & What to bring with you

(...) Did you get an acknowledgement of any sort? I've mailed in my info twice now, and got nothing back. (requesting the bricks got me a note really fast, I'm talking about the entry itself to press@....) Thanks! (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: attention brick bazaar vendors: what are you selling?

(...) doh! i forgot to crosspost to brickfest. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) Being that the space assigned for the Brick Bazaar is rather limited and the number of available tables is also limited, I have to agree that the Brick Bazaar is all booked up. The requested table count is already higher than the number of (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) Oh, Yes! (^^) Wheee! (...) Who are they? I'm sorry. I can't find a list. :-\ Also, do you think they would rather not be contacted prior to the event about their stock? I'd love to see some lists of what they'd be bringing, but I can imagine (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Heads up

Me and my lovely bride will be arriving sometime Thursday evening. I wanted to make this post to get the initial shock value over and done with. I have a black eye. Yep, I got me a shiner. No, Leah didn't do it. :P I would rather not have to explain (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Deadline fast Approaching & What to bring with you

Today is the deadline. Almost forgot, but I just emailed my Build the Trust entry form to Lego. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

Much snippage (...) Clarification: It looks like we are in fact at capacity and out of space for additional vendors. I'm not sure the table registration request function can be turned off on the site, we're looking into it but we may not be able to (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) It's part of the overall site registration process. Assuming you're registered (hopefully you are, as registration, I believe, is closed), log in and go here: (URL) press "edit" on your list of items, which should bring you here: (URL) add a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

(...) Hey Kevin (or whomever)-- Who's handling this registration of vendors? Is that over? The BF site doesn't have any kind of signup that I've been able to find. Or do we just sort of show up? I do want to sell some parts to defray my costs, but (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Web Broadcast of Brickfest?

Hey guys, According to (URL) Jake's blog>, Steven Combs (of the BimPcast) will be posting a podcast of the audio from the keynote speech over at (URL) Bricks in my Pocket>. The notes that Jake has prepared for his speech will also be posted at (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!

BrickFest starts up in just a few short days. I hope you are all as excited as I am to be participating in such a great convention. As you make your final preparations for traveling, don't forget to pack all your MOC's and all those last-minute (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Web Broadcast of Brickfest?

(...) Hi Elroy, I was hoping someone was going to jump in and say "I'll be doing something this year with my Powerbook G4, Firewire camera, XServe Cluster and Darwin Streaming Server" but I guess not... I was the guy who put together the 2002 and (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact