 Events / BrickFest / 3273
Re: Web Broadcast of Brickfest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Elroy Davis wrote:
Just curious if there was going to be a web broadcast of the Brickfest keynote
speakers for those of use who can't attend in person.  Though my wife and
daughter thought I was nuts, it was pretty cool last year to be able to see what
was going on in Washington.

-Elroy

Hi Elroy,

I was hoping someone was going to jump in and say "I'll be doing something this
year with my Powerbook G4, Firewire camera, XServe Cluster and Darwin Streaming
Server" but I guess not...

I was the guy who put together the 2002 and 2003 BrickCast webcasts at GMU.   I'm glad you enjoyed them. Unfortunately this year I'm a little behind the curve for time for pretty well everything and haven't had the interest in Lego as of late, so I didn't really plan on going to BrickFest or doing the show again.

Though now I will probably be down in DC for two days, there's a lot of
coordination work that I can't pull together at this late date (setting up
servers) as much as I love doing live broadcast stuff.

Next year, maybe.

Calum