 Events / BrickFest / 3290
Re: BrickFest -- Bring your money
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 20:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, David Gregory wrote:
   In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Salm wrote:
   Keep in mind, too, that your purchases at the Brick Bazaar and the auctions benefit all BrickFest attendees since a portions of all sales goes directly to BrickFest.

How do the proceeds benefit all attendees? I’m not trying to be sarcastic; I’m legitimately asking the question, because I really don’t know. Brickfest has been at the same place, and the attendance is larger each year, but the admission fee goes up every year. Did Brickfest have to buy Kjeld’s plane ticket? If so, I’m totally cool with it--just curious.

David

I would imagine that costs aren’t fixed from year to year, such as facilities, services, and administration. The price of facilities rental alone in the Washington D.C. suburbs has increased at almost the same pace as the real estate.