 Events / BrickFest / 3277
Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:24:35 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Kevin Salm wrote:
Also, don't forget to pack your money!  This year's Brick Bazaar is shaping
up to be spectacular.  Over 20 vendors are signed up to bring you all kinds
of LEGO sets, parts, minifigs, and whatever else they can think of that you
might want to buy or trade for.  So don't forget to bring lots of "extra"
spending money and any LEGO items you are willing to trade away.

Hey Kevin (or whomever)--

Who's handling this registration of vendors?

It's part of the overall site registration process. Assuming you're registered
(hopefully you are, as registration, I believe, is closed), log in and go here:

http://www.brickfest.com/registration/account.php

then press "edit" on your list of items, which should bring you here:

http://www.brickfest.com/registration/editItem.php

and add a table. However I think we may be at capacity already, tablewise, Kevin
would know better, you should probably check with him via email before actually
adding tables.

Is that over?

It might be. We've been exhorting people to get their registrations, their MOCs,
their purchases, etc. in to the system for some time now, so that we can plan
properly. Waiting till the last minute isn't always a good strategy. Brickfest
staff will do everything humanly possible to accomodate everyone they possibly
can, but at this point, for many things, there are no guarantees they will
succeed any more.

The BF site doesn't have any  kind of signup that I've been able to find.

See above. It's a bit obscure, unfortunately, for some folks.

Or do we just sort of show up?

We definitely want you to show up, but you should have registered for the things
you want in advance to avoid disappointment.

Brickfest is bigger than ever this year and just showing up may not work out
well at all for you. I am not sure that we're taking any at the door
registration at all, we're bumping up against capacity limits in many areas,
including, as i understand it, MOCs (in certain catagories at least), people in
attendance, vendor tables and other things.

I do want to sell some parts to defray my costs,
but I'm not nearly Cefaratti in extent of my
holdings.  ;)

Ya but are you Cefaratti in extent of your low prices? :)