 Events / BrickFest / 3287
Re: BrickFest -- Bring Your MOC's Bring Your Money!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:33:40 GMT

   Ahhh, administratia!

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

It's part of the overall site registration process. Assuming you're registered
(hopefully you are, as registration, I believe, is closed), log in and go here:

http://www.brickfest.com/registration/account.php

then press "edit" on your list of items, which should bring you here:

http://www.brickfest.com/registration/editItem.php

and add a table. However I think we may be at capacity already, tablewise, Kevin
would know better, you should probably check with him via email before actually
adding tables.

   That was part of my reason for posting here.

   See, what's happened is that I've been in the middle of
   southern Africa; I only got back three weeks ago, and the
   only thing I was able to do was actually register (then pay
   of course!) and sign up one large MOC.  But that's all I
   needed, because I didn't know or fully understand the
   Brick Bazaar organization scheme.  Perhaps the problem,
   coming as I am as a time-traveler from 2002 (!!), is that
   the evolution has been clear to people involved each
   year but not to me.  But I think a sharecropping arrange-
   ment has been worked out whereby I'll add some inventory
   to another vendor and in return I'll put my bottom in the
   chair for a while--naturally of course I would be under
   any commission arrangement with the Fest as a whole (which
   has not been explained to me, but probably was at some
   point in the past when I was far too spotty internetwise
   to read).

Brickfest is bigger than ever this year and just showing up may not work out
well at all for you. I am not sure that we're taking any at the door
registration at all, we're bumping up against capacity limits in many areas,
including, as i understand it, MOCs (in certain catagories at least),

   Yeah, that one I was worried about, so I did register The
   One.  ;)  But I'm eager to find out just how large the
   Fest has become--and seeing a "public visit day" on Sunday
   is extremely interesting.

   all best

   LFB