 Events / 783
Re: BricksWest 2003 Keynote and Q&A Session Transcrits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 05:07:54 GMT

<snip>

Just to clarify, I'm a fast typist but I don't claim to get stuff word for
word, so "transcript" isn't quite the right meaning here. Think of it more
as a summary or interpretation where I try to catch as much as I can, but
it's filtered through how I word things and what words are faster to type.

However this bit above I think Ahui corrected to match more closely since he
was working from tape.

This sort of raises a question really, is the highly inaccurate but very
rapid summation/mangle/shorthand that gets done actually valuable or would
it be better to wait a bit and work from a recording? I'd always assumed
that there was value in speed. Maybe not.

I dunno.

Some of the audio on the tape is NOT very audioable. =(  So I left some of
the stuff as is from Larry's original typing.  If people want I can strip
the audio from the video and mp3 it and then post it to the brickshelf
account of BW.  Is there an interest in doing this?

I will NOT do it if there is NO interst for it.  After this week I will be
taking a 1 month NO LEGO vacation to relax after this event.  I've got some
minor things to tie up and then out of the LEGO world I will go.

-AHui