 Events / 782
Re: BricksWest 2003 Keynote and Q&A Session Transcrits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:58:28 GMT

In lugnet.events, Brendan Powell Smith writes:
In lugnet.events, Ahui Herrera writes:
Brad:  <snip> I encourage you to continue doing that we
love to see it, probably the most important thing I can say, on behalf of
the company, is that we trust you with our brand.  We know that you will not
do the things that will violate the trust, you know what this brand is
about, even you Brendan (P. Smith)

Just to clarify, I don't know how well it comes across in a written
transcript,

Just to clarify, I'm a fast typist but I don't claim to get stuff word for
word, so "transcript" isn't quite the right meaning here. Think of it more
as a summary or interpretation where I try to catch as much as I can, but
it's filtered through how I word things and what words are faster to type.

However this bit above I think Ahui corrected to match more closely since he
was working from tape.

but at the time he said this, I really wasn't sure whether this
was some sort of admonishment toward me or what.  @8^)

I've heard him enough times to believe he was riffing on you for the laugh
as soon as I heard it.

Q19: Why were you singling me  (Brendan Smith) out? Do I do something that
is contrary to values, or that I am doing things that are congruent?

OK, I don't remember exactly how I worded this question, but I'm pretty darn
sure I never said I've never said the word 'congruent' in public.

I'm pretty darn sure you didn't say that either, see above, that was my
shorthand for what you said. (here I don't think Ahui corrected my words to
match the tape)

I thought
I said something like, "...or is The Brick Testament something LEGO would
approve of because it inspires other builders?"

A19: the latter… three are people that have questioned what you are doing…

I really want to find out who these three people are.  @8^D

three is a t7po for there, silly.

This sort of raises a question really, is the highly inaccurate but very
rapid summation/mangle/shorthand that gets done actually valuable or would
it be better to wait a bit and work from a recording? I'd always assumed
that there was value in speed. Maybe not.

I dunno.