 Dear LEGO / 4745
Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 14:20:13 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Troy Cefaratti wrote:
After describing that whole scenario you honestly believe you had "no influence"
on your kids' reaction? Everything you described sounds pretty "influential" to
me.

If you mean that Mel has influenced her daughter to be able to think for
herself and make wise decisions, then I agree with you.  Everything in her
post does sound like she has raised her daughter to think for herself.

If you mean that Mel has influenced her daughter not to like the new grays,
I fail to see such influence.  Offering the child a choice of sets or cash
of equal value for work done and letting them decide is hardly influential.
This is how I pay my "sorters" as well, and it does generally depend on the
sets at hand if they go for them or the cash. I've not yet parted out any
sets with the new colors, so I don't know how they will react to them.

I agree with this assertion, sounds like Mel has raised people who think for
themselves, not that she was influencing them.

But I xfut to market theory because I have a tangential question... how much an
hour do you guys (Troy, Mel, whoever else wants to chime in) "pay" your sorters
an hour? I've had to raise Nik's wages several times now, and I'm curious what a
market rate is. :-)