 Dear LEGO / 4698
Re: From the mouth of babes and just what is going on!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 05:06:17 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Daniel Warren wrote:

Personally, your daughter comes across as being extremely stuck up and nearly
teetering on spoiled.

That is an incorrect assesment of the situation.  And uncalled for as well.

So for us to chilishly sit here and rant on and on about it, bitching to Jake
about it day in and day out is also stupid.

Yes, it is.  Perhaps you should direct your comments to where that is actually
happening though.  Mel was simply providing an anecdote about how the product
was received by someone who is supposedly in LEGO's target audience.  I find
that to be way more insightful then adults arguing over it.

But when I see comments from a 12 year old refuting a GIFT from their parents
because they don't like a certain element (no pun intended) of their GIFT, its
pretty pathetic if that is what we have come to.

You would rather that your child simply accept a gift they don't like and keep
quiet about it?  That seems a bit silly to me.  I prefer honestly myself, as it
prevents the situation from occuring again.

If there were more good kids like Mel's the world would be a better place...   :)

Troy