 Dear LEGO / 4589
Re: New Technic crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:46:07 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Moldovanu wrote:

What are the chances that they will listen in the future? The haven't listened
one bit until now.

I'm curious as to how you've drawn that conclusion. While there have been a lot
of decisions I didn't like lately, there also have been a lot that I did.

I think they listen a lot.

What do you call the designer sets? That, to me, is evidence of terrific
listening... we said we wanted sets that went back to the roots of LEGO, that
enabled more creative building, and they delivered.

The truck that started this discussion off... ya, it has a Bionicle claw instead
of a steel hook. OK.

How much more would you pay for the steel hook? Or what other parts would you
trade away? It always comes down to economics.

I don't have the truck in hand yet, but it looks like a great set with lots of
great parts. I'm especially thrilled to see that there appear to be more of the
wheels featured in 5571 in the set (but I may be mistaken).

But don't let my optimism get in the way of your pessimism.