 Dear LEGO / 2277 (-20)
  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) How is Lego hideously expensive? I think its a pretty good deal. Lego, IMO opinion, has about the best playability of anything ever invented. A kid can build the main model, play with it for a while, and then make something completley diffenrt (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Will, girls just don't play with dolls anymore. DUPLO, PRIMO, Mickey Mouse, and Town Jr. sets are all aimed at both girls and boys. Belville and Scala are aimed at girls too, though they are sold in few retail stores. LEGO is supposed to be (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) Keep in mind though that LEGO is the number one selling boys toy in America. Overall, only Barbie sells better. Of course, this isn't in actual number of sets sold, but rather the money that comes in form the sales. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

I must say that I agree 100% with Deidre's point about compatibility between Lego brands (Primo, Duplo, System). My wife and I gave some Duplo to our daughter on her first birthday. It was quite a while before she put her first pieces together but (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Plano boxes

(...) And if it galls you to license to another plastic manufacturer, consider dusting off some of your older designs.. or reworking them 759 and the trays it uses are nice. Different sizes, rounded bottoms, etc. But not very modular as the case is (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Dear lego, please make a soccer balls pack

It should have about a dozzen soccer balls. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

Deidre, I agree with some of your points, but must disagree on others. To wit: (...) Please note I do not have kids of my own, but I have friends with kids, and nephews, etc. How much were furbies/pokemon/power rangers? How long was their life span? (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

(...) That was very well said, and confirms much of what I have thought even though I am not a parent. It always comes down to cost, doesn't it? I mean the continued success of Hot Wheels must surely be its price -- one can whimsically purchase a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  A Parental Perspective on Juniorisation and Being the Strongest Brand

**Warning - this is very long! ** I haven't tacked this onto any particular thread because I've read many bits and pieces about juniorisation and being the strongest brand over a few months. I'm removing my AFOL cap and putting on my Mum hat for (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au) !

  Re: Highlander lego

(...) I would love to see greek mythology doen in lego, think how cool it would be to have a zeus minifig :) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Highlander lego

(...) I disagree. Not with the ultimate goal, but with the idea that licensing is in any way necessary to TLC's success. Don't get me wrong -- I'd love a more medieval look to the castle series. I'd love to see something more along the lines of the (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Highlander lego

(...) And their heads are already detachable. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Highlander lego

I think that lego should lisence Highlander for the 5th sequal in the Highlander series (highlander 2 was licesenced in 2 versions) Highlander would be a great adaption for all lego themes which have lego minifigs -James Walker (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: About Harry Potter (:

Wow, Leanne - couldn't have put it better myself. I truly hope TLC makes Hogwarts as a modular castle, comprised of many sets; you put it so eloquently, I'd rather not add anything but my agreement. :-) I'm very excited too... I hope TLC follows-up (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: About Harry Potter (:

(...) oooh! LEGO mine-car rides!! :) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  About Harry Potter (:

Dear LEGO, While I know there are some mixed feelings throughout LUGNET with regards to the new Harry Potter license you've acquired, I must say that I am absolutely delighted. As an adult fan of LEGO, and of Harry Potter, I can see all kinds of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Women's Soccer

Have a look at: (URL) sets and parts for sale or trade: (URL) rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FspvKD.2qq@lugnet.com... (...) set (...) buy. (...) women's (...) but (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Plano boxes

If you check out the newsgroup lugnet.storage, you will find that many of the adult fans are buying Plano tackle system boxes for storage needs. Seems to me thses would make a great accessory...and you could have one made for you to specification, (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Ultimate Collectors Series for Town

I absolutely love the idea of Lego sets for teenagers and adults, but this line needs to be expanded. I think that UCS Town would be great, kind of like the opposite of Town Jr. Here are my ideas for UCS Town: A shopping mall (if nothing else, make (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Re - Realease Old Themes?

(...) 1: I would never claim that. I build stuff with *one* idea in mind - realism. I don't worry about piece counts, or difficulty to build, or price points. Lego would probably never use one of my models as a "set", because they would be too (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jul-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact