 Dear LEGO / 2267
Re: Highlander lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:51:00 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, James Walker writes:
I think that lego should license Highlander...<snip>

I disagree. Not with the ultimate goal, but with the idea that licensing is in
any way necessary to TLC's success.  Don't get me wrong -- I'd love a more
medieval look to the castle series.  I'd love to see something more along the
lines of the Mega Bloks Viking ship -- except done with Lego quality!  As to
the sci-fi stuff -- well, that's where the Highlander series went ALL wrong in
my view...

You could make a tolerable Highlander from a Discount Jedi (Qui-Gon, or
whatever...) and a ninja katana, a Kurgan visor from TLC might be nice
though...

What were you thinking though, James?  Can you be more specific?

Myself, I'd be more pleased if TLC took a tip from world mythology, that and
classical architecture from around the world -- now that would rock!

-- Richard