 Dear LEGO / 2262
2261  |  2263
Subject:
About Harry Potter (:
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:48:14 GMT

Dear LEGO,

While I know there are some mixed feelings throughout LUGNET with
regards to the new Harry Potter license you've acquired, I must say that
I am absolutely delighted.

As an adult fan of LEGO, and of Harry Potter, I can see all kinds of
wonderful sets that can be created from this source. (:

I would like to suggest that Hogwarts not be built as one single
castle, but in pieces that can be put together to make a huge castle.
This would offer us incredible possibilities for detailed sets. For
example, I'd love to have a set that was simply the castle dungeon. From
here, you could include the usual dungeon trappings, as well as a much
more detailed Potions classroom than could be achieved in one castle
set, complete with cauldrons, pipes, and tubing. (The really neat thing
is that it could then be re-used as a mad scientist's laboratory for
those of us who're into Town / Halloween stuff as well. (: ) Another
possibility would be a detailed Herbology classroom set -- again,
reusable as a greenhouse for the Townies. Another possibility would be
to pair a classroom or other structure up with a common room for each
house -- for example, Gryffindor/Quidditch Field, Slytherin/Potions,
Hufflepuff/Herbology, and so forth. They could each be hooked up to the
main castle 'base' that included the Great Hall and the owlery (ooh,
LEGO owls!) and the grand staircase.

It would also be neat to have sets for Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.
Although the shops and taverns would be wizard-themed, they'd be easily
converted to Town themes as well. There are plenty of ideas here too --
Ollivander's Wands, Gringott's Bank (oooh! LEGO goblins!!), apothecaries
and book shops .... (:

I am very excited by the possibilities in these sets! While I know I
have high expectations, I'm still really looking forward to seeing what
the company comes up with.

==Leanne

Leanne Opaskar                  lopaskar@san.rr.com