 Dear LEGO / 2048
Re: Elements I'd like to see...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 23:16:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.dear-lego, Kevin Salm wrote:

Gender changer plates are also something I would like to see.
I don't hold out much hope for female-female plates as they would be so thin
they they might easily break; perhaps these would have to be 1/2 thickness
rather than 1/3 brick thickness.

Have you looked at the new(ish) Technic half-beams?  These are basically
1xN female-female plates, except their height is 1/2 the width of a 1x1
brick.

In LDraw measuring, regular plates are 8LDU tall, 1x bricks are 20LDU
wide.  The half beams are 10LDU tall, when you lay them down.

See Technic Liftarm 1x5, Technic Liftarm 1x6,
Technic Liftarm 1x7

If you aren't using the web interface to read this, see
<http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/search.cgi?q=32017+32063+32065>

Steve

Yup, you are correct.  I simply forgot about these pieces.  I have used them as
gender changers in the past, but do not like them much due to the rounded ends.
For now, however, that is all we have and I guess I can be happy with that
until a better solution is created.

__Kevin Salm__