 Dear LEGO / 1891
Re: Elements I'd like to see...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 16:12:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Based on the 1x2 tile with center stud, I would really like to have

2x4 tiles with one row of centered studs (4 studs down the middle long ways).

This piece would be great for adding detail to structures.  My idea is to use
them between rows of 2x bricks of a different color; these tiles would simulate
mortor between rows of brick or block.  Just what I want for building
courthouses and hotels for my towns and cathedrals for my castles.

I had tried doing this with the 1x2 tiles with centered studs and the effect is
good, but the structural integrity of the structures is compromised--plus it
requires thousands of these 1x2 tiles of the same color and I never have
enough.

Gender changer plates are also something I would like to see.
I don't hold out much hope for female-female plates as they would be so thin
they they might easily break; perhaps these would have to be 1/2 thickness
rather than 1/3 brick thickness.

My preferred color for all of these new elements would be Gray, Dark Gray, and
Black.  White might be nice, too.

Other elements high on my want list are
BROWN SLOPES, all sizes and varieties
GREEN SLOPES, all sizes and varieties
1x1 bricks with studs on TWO sides
1x2 bricks with tubes on TWO sides

                  Kevin Salm
....The biggest fan of the Gray Lego brick....
....Life the Lego lifestyle to the fullest..build every day..