 Database / Set Inventories / 190
Re: Standardized Inventory File Format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:27:37 GMT

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999 19:28:30 GMT, "Søren Bak" <soren.bak@get2net.dk> wrote:

XML is designed exactly for that. There are a number of free XML-parsers
available for different programming languages (or we'll just write one).

Check out http://www.w3.org/XML/.

Suggestion:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE LEGO INVENTORY "inventory.dtd">
<INVENTORY>
<PART NAME="1221" COUNT="3" COLOR="red">
<!-- This is a comment -->
</INVENTORY>

Hmm, interesting.  Are there any XML writers, to convert flat-ASCII to
flat-XML?

Steve