 Database / Set Inventories / 174
Re: Standardized Inventory File Format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 21:43:08 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Robert Munafo writes:
In lugnet.db.inv, Gary Williams writes:
[...]
Obviously we'd need to agree on a delimiter between fields.  Spaces can be
used, but if the color is specified by name, then it couldn't have spaces in
it (e.g. dark gray).

I solve that problem by using *3 or more spaces* as the delimiter. If you want
to delimit the next field, you must always use at least 3 spaces in a row. • This
allows things like color names to include spaces and allows for a little human
error as well.

Let's do it.  3 spaces between fields:

count   DATfilename   Color   Optional description

Now, not being a CAD nut, where would I find the DATfilenames?  And
what do we put for parts without DATfilenames?

as evah,

John C.