 Database / Set Inventories / 183
Re: Standardized Inventory File Format?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 19:49:22 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <37ebce49.24708031@lugnet.com>...
On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:11:53 GMT, "Robert Munafo"
<munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> wrote:

Just kidding! Every major OS can run Perl, and this 7-linePerl script • will do
the processing for you:

But not every major user wants to run Perl.

I could easily write an inventory file formatting program to perform this
task.  It would give the user full control over how he/she wanted a file to
be formatted, and support drag-and-drop from Explorer (batch conversions
could be performed by multi-selecting files before dropping them all at
once).  It could even back-up the original files if desired.  I'll look into
it this weekend.

-Gary