 Database / Brictionary / 29
Re: wishing upon a star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Dave Lovelace writes:
My approach, so far, was brainstormed as follows:

A seven-digit alpha-numeric number, with the digits each symbolizing
attributes of each part in question.  Example: B1100Bl  is a brick (B),
1x1 (11;  if it was an 8x16 this number would be 8G, G equalling 16,
and anything larger than [...]

I like this system, but just want to comment that it's not a complete
substitute for the part numbers that LEGO molds on the bottom of the bricks.

Another issue is that there are an awful lot of parts that don't fall into the
category of "modified bricks" at all. A lot of ambiguity would result as
different people try to guess what size "brick" is represented by, say, one of
those weird Throwbots pieces.

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13