 Database / Brictionary / 45
Re: wishing upon a star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 22:13:52 GMT

In lugnet.db.brictionary, Dave Lovelace writes:
After reading further replies to my Lugnet posting, I am convinced that I
should just sit back and watch the show from now on, with apologies for any
interruption...you are all truly brilliant, and obviously experienced,
thinkers...

Not so fast, my humble friend...

Just because it isn't used as the database key or as the "unique definitive"
part number doesn't mean your part numbers have no merit.

I supported your suggestion because I felt it was appropriate to include a
system like yours among the available optional alternate part numbers.

I already use four part numbering systems in my own database with no problem
(genuine LEGO numbers, LDraw numbers, patent numbers, and my own numbers when
the others are unavailable, inconvenient or ambiguous) and I anticipate the
people in this group will end up using 4 or 5 more. I plan to add them all to
my database if and when they are available.

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13