 Color / 617
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:20:58 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.color, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:

Duh!  I forgot there was an easy way to tell the years for black vs. gray.

Here is a 1961 Austrian Catalog that shows bricks in red, white, blue, yellow
and clear, but no black.  It also shows the 10x20 baseplate comes in gray (yes
that is gray, not clear):

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk61a/GK61-1.JPG

And here is a 1962 German Catalog (it is mismarked 1961).  It shows black
bricks:

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk61/GK61-2.JPG

Gary Istok

#@%@##, wrong side of 1961 Austrian Catalog, try here:

http://horst-lehner.mausnet.de/lego/katalog/gk61a/GK61-2.JPG

Gary Istok

P.S.  The above swear symbols are not to be confused with a geek code :-)