 Color / 609
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:59:28 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:
The color change destroyed the continuity of colors that were each decades
old[1].

Oops, note:

Gray - 1961? -> 2003 (CA/ABS switch in 1963)
Brown - 1974? -> 2003 (ABS in 1977?, 1974 in different, flexible plastic)
Dk Gray - 1977? -> 2003

So, at least 41 years for Gray ABS, and 27 years of Brown and Dark Gray (31
years for brown if you count the different plastic for the maxifig hair).

Huh, it looks from Peeron like Gray was the 7th color ever produced, after
white, red, green, yellow, blue, and black?

DaveE