 Color / 605
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:01:13 GMT

In lugnet.color, Rich Manzo wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Eric Brok wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Rich Manzo wrote:
Thanks for speaking up for the silent majority.

You're making assumptions about what the majority feels about this issue.

I am, and it is a correct assumption. You in the minority will just have to deal
with it.

Where are you getting your information from? Every survay I've seen at best
comes up with keep both colors but never have I see a survay that says bley is
perfered by a "majority". If you want to start an argument you should have some
facts by your side.

The facts are the AFOL community is  still up in arms, Many non-AFOLs find the
color ugly. Changing colors cost money even if it was only in the logistics.
Changing colors has not generated any money. Lego is still loosing money and
hopes in 2005 to "break even" (meanwhile MegaBloks is rising skyward). While not
a majority a substantial number of Lego employees have no confidence that the
moves the company has made will solve the financial problems.

All kinds of numbers are throwen about as to how much of Lego's income is from
AFOL's but it's a moot point. Lego cannot afford to anger a single customer let
alone a whole block.

As for the kids an increasing number of them are walking into Lego stores and
asking if they have the latest MegaBlock set. So obviously Lego is failing to
strenghten it's brand and they arn't making any more AFOL's -Ken