 Color / 615
Re: Appreciating what TLG and Lego Direct have done for AFOL's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:05:22 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.color, Rich Manzo wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Eric Brok wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Rich Manzo wrote:
Thanks for speaking up for the silent majority.

You're making assumptions about what the majority feels about this issue.

I am, and it is a correct assumption. You in the minority will just have to
deal with it.

No, it is a false assumption. Just because you belive it doesn't make it a
majority. Minority or not we don't have to sit here and take it. We could sit
here and list hundreds of things saved by fan loyalty. Star Trek and Original
Coke just to start it off.

The fact is that Lego is currently a failure. They've lost money for years. In
their own words they "hope" to break even next year. A large percentage of Lego
employees have no confidence in the company. Mega Bloks are eating away in huge
chunks , market share, brand loyalty & recognition, and the creation of new
fans.

If Lego is to survive sooner or latter those responsible for Bley and their
stuborness to stick with it despite the damage it has caused will have to go and
they can take their bley with them.

-Ken