 Color / 1088
  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote: <snip> . (...) Oh My Goodness. THere was a real reaction--Jake has mentioned it numerous times--meetings, discussuins, etc. And to throw the icing and cherry on the cake, which didn't have to happen, you (...) (19 years ago, 14-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) As I stated before, I consider proper, hands-on results over a thousand meetings and apologies. When I make a mistake, my duty is to fix the mistake and "mop up" whatever problems were caused by the existence of this problem. I consider this (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) Actually, is that true? At the time, was JVK in a position to reverse the color change? He wasn't the CEO back then. IIRC he was a vice president of some sort? Was he even in charge of that division of Lego? I honestly don't know, I'm just (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) Yep, 15K in about 4.5 years...but that's not 10 a day average. That's more like 14 per day (considering holidays, weekends, and vacation time - Granted, I work a great many weekends, holidays, and evenings, but I'd rather not start considering (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

David Eaton wrote: > Actually, is that true? At the time, was JVK in a position to reverse > the color change? He wasn't the CEO back then. IIRC he was a vice > president of some sort? Was he even in charge of that division of > Lego? I honestly (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

In lugnet.color, Christian Treczoks wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) For me, you've just lost your credibility. You're saying one thing in one post--'it's all about the communication--if they just said they're sorry but they can't change it now due (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) I'm keeping out of the color discussions, but I can answer this one. The 'Beige' on the list IS what we know as Tan. At LEGO, this color is known both as 'Brick Yellow' and also 'Beige' - color number 05 on the LEGO color chip pallette. Quite (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) I don't get it. How has the situation changed since Jake stated that the company wouldn't be switching back? We knew (unless Jake was flat-out-lying, which I seriously doubt was happening) that the people responsible for the color change, and (...) (19 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) Boy, talking about communication issues... If the company itself can't pick a single name for a color and stick with it, what else can we trust them with? How someone can call "tan" "brick yellow" with a straight face, I just don't know. -- (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) That would indeed be very useful. I was among several people in the (URL) original> Universal Color thread asking for clarification of the list, which to my knowledge, has not yet been forthcoming. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) Source? (...) According to the List of Lego colours at Peeron, No. 5 is "Brick Yellow". This is the only internal name I know. Is there an official source where they call the colour Nr. 5 "Beige"? (...) I think this whole tread started with (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) I'm working with Dan from Peeron, colleagues and others to finalize the color chart namings. We should have that soon. The reasons for the delay are long, involved, and uninteresting. Rest assured, that internal communication on the subject (...) (19 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

(...) This is good news! Actually, this would have been an excellent reply to the requests for clarification in the discussion about the list. (...) Oh, come on. I'm not as stubborn as you think ;-) (...) Well, of course it's "colour" - It't not the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Reply 6: Issues vs. Mistakes

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote: > If the company itself can't pick a single name for a color and stick > with it, what else can we trust them with? The problem is that this is a multilingula company where a large portion of the people in charge do not (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-05, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)