 Color / *154 (-20)
  Re: The Knight Bus problem

(...) No problem, glad I could help. (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) I concur wholeheartedly. I'm hardly a pro-corporate apologist, so, speaking as a hostile witness, I'd have to assert that this is a truly rare example of a company making its goals and thought processes known to its customers. Thanks to Jake (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Agreed. I've been staying awfully quiet of late, in part because I've already made my opinion clear, done my public seething, and have now gone about adapting myself to what is coming down the pike. Sure, it's lousy that this has happened to (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Christian, If you hobby (LEGO is a hobby after all) stresses you out this much then maybe you should consider getting a new hobby. -Orion (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote: -snip- (...) Jake, love ya like a brother, but these "Design Lab" people need to be taken out behind the woodshed and beaten within a plate thickness of their lives... So it is pretty much what the AFOL community (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: The Knight Bus problem

(...) I don't understand why they charged you for the missing parts. In the past, I've received missing parts for free. In fact, each time they've been quite apologetic about the situation. Is this a new policy? Or, does it have something to do with (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Geez. That's a bit thick in my personal view. (snipped a lot of stuff in the same vein) (...) Yes, I think it *is* your error. You did "fail to notice"... Jake *explained* why the Design Lab felt there was a strong need to change things. You (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) "Sorry, I dropped your baby". It is *not* only the implementation. The whole idea was a stupid idea from the very beginning, and none of those in charge thought about the consequences of this first-grade mistake. The total failure of (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Hi, Big thanks - I'm giving you 5 of 5 points for telling us the reasons. 1 of 5 points for it taking too long, though. I just hope that the persons which invented and approved these changes were already fired. Removing the backward (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Jake, Thanks for coming through with this message. It's nice to have some knowledge of the process and history of the color change. <snip> (...) If possible, I would like to know more about the thinking that went into the tweaking process. Was (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: The Knight Bus problem

(...) Spotlighted! I hope this gets stoplighted enough so that people outside of the .color group can see it. It is sad to me that, basically, TLC is saying that the color variation is fine and that the bus is meant to be played with and the (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Color Change background

First off, I apologize for bringing this issue up again, but a promise is a promise. I said I would deliver more background info on the color change, and here it is. In an effort to reduce the almost certain flood of responses to this post, please (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: The Knight Bus problem

(...) Today we got some further information about this on our Danish LUG's forum. Our contact from TLC, Bjarke H. Nielsen, asked quality management on our behalfes and got this answer: The Harry Potter Knight Bus We would like to stress that the (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX) !!

  Re: More - hopefully final - fixes! (Re: Top secret project - we need your help)

(...) Rock n roll, you da 'grammer! John #388 (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) In my basket already! (well Autumn colours anyway!) Tim (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: More - hopefully final - fixes! (Re: Top secret project - we need your help)

(...) And I was also able to successfully submit my selections, thanks Richard! I hope this fixes everyone's problems! ROSCO (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  More - hopefully final - fixes! (Re: Top secret project - we need your help)

"Ross Crawford" <rosscraw@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:HxMM39.z5D@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) provide a (...) Instead (...) item (...) disappeared. (...) I (...) is (...) half (...) Just a follow up to this - tonight I have been working (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Lego Plant Manufacturing

(x-posted to Lugnet.General) Hi, I figured I'd post this. I got a bunch of sets yesterday, and I looked at the side of two of them (a Harry Potter Knight Bus, and a Harry Potter Hagrid's Hut) The Knight Bus says: "Components made in DENMARK and the (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Knight Bus problem

(...) Thanks for the info and taking the time to post this. I put together mine yesterday night and I was very upset at the contrast of pieces. As for the story, I don't really buy that considering that the same part is in 2 different shades. I (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) You could just download Firefox. (URL) using IE will get you thrown in jail after some piece of spyware hijacks your browser and puts kiddie pr0n on your computer. (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact