 Color / 146
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 16:12:00 GMT

Jake McKee wrote:
I don’t begin to think that we’ll never make another mistake again. After all,
the company is made up of humans, and humans make mistakes. What I do hope you
know, or agree is that we will do a better job of trying to ensure this type
of
situation doesn’t happen again.

Hi,

Big thanks - I'm giving you 5 of 5 points for telling us the reasons. 1
of 5 points for it taking too long, though.

I just hope that the persons which invented and approved these changes
were already fired. Removing the backward compatibility of >30years old
established system, on 2nd, 7th and 9th most used colors is not just a
'human mistake'. Change for a change is always bad.

I just don't think  that 'one thing that Design Lab was unaware of was
the incredible impact on the AFOLs' is true. They were unaware of the
impact on _SYSTEM_ or worse, they haven't cared.

It's possible that SYSTEM means something different to LEGO today. With
emergence of Bionicle, Znap2 (new studless Technic) and Galidor which
are (mainly) non-SYSTEM (each to a different degree, of course) it seems
like it's true.

I don't like to sound that pessimistic, LEGO is still capable of doing
wonderful things (the Designer/Inventor sets), even some newer colors
(tan) and parts (all those new slopes and wedges) are great. But there
are moves I really don't understand (replacing hinges with biiig and
ugly click-hinges, for example).

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
Remove both 'nospam's from the address to reply.