Re: Castle World: A Plan of Action
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:49:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Richard,
thanks for safeguarding the CW name, but I think which logo to use is trivial.
There are somethings that need to be decided amongst the community before real
actions can be taken.

I think the main thing we need to decide is the purpose of such a site.

My initial thought was to organize .castle users so that when events such as
Brickfest come around, we could come together and set up a "real" world that had
previously only existed on the CW website.  Hence "Castle World."

This led to a variety of complications.  Mostly, people wanted to have their own
kingdoms and own storylines, and my vision of CW was too crammed in.  Craig
expanded it, and then it became very "virtual."

What I would like to see (and would contribute to) is a system of guilds.  Even
guild would have a few people who would set up their Kingdom and build
structures for it (and maybe include storylines within their kingdom).  This
takes the pressure of the CW admin and lets the people in a guild interact
however they choose to.  People would then look at the available guilds and work
with the ones they feel they could contribute or conform to the most.

If I want to work with two other people and come up with an ice kingdom, that's
what we do.  We set up a website, build a few structures, and design the
kingdom.  The emphasis would be on individuals working toward something greater
- a Kingdom.

So ... what exactly is the purpose of the new CW?  A community?  A collection of
links?

I would be happy to help out.

     -- Pawel

Wow, perfect, Paul! i agree with you entirly!
This is similer to what i wanted to set up with CQ too, but as far as regular
old CW goes, this is great! i vote to go with and contribute to Pawels plan of
action!!

Also, this makes clear to me another thing. I thought you were talking of using
the old CW posting gruop and website, just revised. Are you not the one who said
i re-invented the gaming wheel? Well, i say, Why are you re-inventing the CW
wheel?
Why not expand and organize the groundwork that has been laid, instead of
ripping it apart and starting anew? Wouldnt this just be a specialized,
unbalanced, new copy of CW?
And on top of it all, why dont you just post main plains of action here, and do
the rest of the developing by email? We dont need millions of posts flying back
and forth that dont really contribute to .Castle.

Aramir