Re: Castle World: A Plan of Action
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:36:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Richard,
thanks for safeguarding the CW name, but I think which logo to use is trivial.
There are somethings that need to be decided amongst the community before real
actions can be taken.

I agree on the logo.

Here's my idea:

1. Let's first create a committee of those people interested, willing, and able
to help re-form CW. These people should be interested not in just this week, or
next week.. but in being a permanent part of CW, and committed to its revival.

*Chokes over laughing.
Gee, Lenny, why didnt you just put a "Hint-Hint Alex" in there? Not meaning keep
flogging the dead horse, but i had to blurt that...

I i cast myself in to help in the rivival of CW. You have my word.

2. This committee should then redesign how the website will work.  This is more
than aesthetics (colors, etc) - but what purpose the site will serve, and the
easiest way to make it maintainable.  One of the chief problems with the old
site was that it almost required a full time employee to maintain.  We need
something which two or three people can work on a few hours a week and still
have it look nice.

Well, im getting a Digicam and a scanner sometime within the next two-three
months, and until then im useless as far as pictures go.
So, basically what your saying is most of the community should help out and do
some stuff now and again, right?
Well, as far as storys, text etc im your man! Just tell me basically what you
need written and ill do it.
Also, if we put CQ as another dimension in CW, then i would be the administrator
of that part.

3. The new design should be implemented.  Writing the html, making cool images,
etc.

Ooooh, pictures, i love drawing them. I vote for that over writing!!!

4. The fun should begin.

Hopefully.

=====

I hereby volunteer myself to be apart of the committee to work on the issues
surrounding CW, and the development of the site.  I cannot commit to being
actively apart of creating the site, as I have commitments elsewhere, However
i'd like to do what i can to help.

I cant commit to actually creating the site either, because as of yet i have no
skill in HTML. However pictures and writing i can do well as i have said so ill
do that (if no one ubjects)
I also cannot be full-time because, well, i only have one other COMMITMENT,
which is warhammer, but i do get stuck with sorting hardware and mowing most of
the day, not sitting on here. That is why my rules-development take such a
freeken long time! (Not meant to be an excuse, but its truth.)
Ill do what i can too.
So should we have a vote or something to decide who is on the commitee? Lenny,
of course, i dont know about Hoppy, probably not. the curators should definetly
be on, and i would only want to be on to suprovise the pictures.

Love Live CastleWorld!
Live by the sword- Live a good looong time!!

-Lenny

Aramir! To battle, to battle, and victory!!!!