Re: Hello!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jeff Stembel writes:

Well, I think the lack of map updates is the problem in that respect.  Most
people were sending characters to the IOM on a mission, but they can't continue
on these missions if they can't actually go anywhere.  One suggestion I made a
while back that could still be implemented is seeding story ideas into each map
section.  That way people have something to do even when there is a technical
difficulty.  :)

A seeded story would be a good idea, but I think implementing
an actual storyline into the whole IOM would be a decent idea
too. However, I see hardly any story line, and the missions
sent into the IOM seem more like expeditions into the unknown,
with no storyline in sight. Perhaps, the chief administrator
of the IOM site, could add storylines into a predestined area
only he would know about, and the other players of IOM wouldn't
know (to add to the intrigue and mystery) I.e an example of this
would be.

Administrator places an event on section 13 of the map.
"character runs into a tribe of killer goblins!"

Player one steps onto section thirteen.

Admin delivers message stating that player one has run
into killer goblin tribes!

Now, player one must devise a way to escape from
the situation or end up an early demise, and get
kicked out of the game.

Well, anyway, this is just a suggestion of mine.
I haven't played IOM, so perhaps this has been
asked before, or might even be part of the whole thing?

Do you have anyone else working on map sections?  If not, you might want to get
someone on that.  If all else fails, make a new map and transfer the existing
sites and people to that one.  I don't think it should be left entirely up to
the people writing the stories; the admins need to help keep interest up, as
well.  :)

Yeah, map undates would be nice. I don't own a
digital camera, so the proepect of me playing would
have to strike massive compromise on my budget (which
is so limited it's almost sad)

Anyway, that's my opinion. IMO.

Just my two brickz...

<<_Matt Hein_>>