 Castle / Ninja / 16
Re: How do YOU build them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:03:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:
To get things started, I figure I'll ask how y'all build items which
would have been common accessories for samurai but are not available as
pre-made parts:

1 sashimono (the back mounted flag)

Johnny Blaze and I came up with some stuff for this involving a "brick
in the but" mounting with an antenna, but I'm open to other solutions

Butt.  I just use one hand to hold the side-grip on the lance or
saddle-mount it.  The Japanese didn't seem to be long on shields, so minifig
anatomy being what it is, only one hand is needed for a weapon.

I pretty much leave the banners affixed to structures or saddles...at least
for now (A couple viewings of "Samurai Banners" and you will have a strong
desire to add flags to everything...lol)

SNIP

3 nagatina (curved blade spear)

nothing yet

Bathroom plunger (flag holder, short antennae, whatever you call it), 1x1
round, Katana.

That reminds me...I longed for the Lighsaber handle to be released in a
different non-chrome version.  (Like in the new AT-ST) Shortly afyer I got
the Naboo Swamp set, I tried using the katana on one end of the lightsaber
hilt and a Star Wars antenna/rod in the other...

Obvious problems...
Chromatic chaos: Chrome, Dark Gray+black/Gray sword
Instabilty:  The Katana was "wobbly" in some hilts
Length:  The shaft part of the weapon seemed too short

4 nagae-yari (long spear)

nothing yet

Just the standard spear.

That is what I currently use.