 Castle / Ninja / 25
Re: How do YOU build them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:38:48 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:
In lugnet.castle.ninja, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.castle.ninja, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:

I make mine with an antenna, technic half-peg, and katana:
BTW, I'm really glad there's a ninja group now. Along with Wild West, it was
one of the themes that got me really back into LEGO. Thanks, everybody!
-Marc

Very cool and servicable design...far superior to my Lightsaber hilt design
in terms of strength.  Your design captures the essence of what I
wanted...Thanks for sharing this...I never thought of using a Technic pin to
secure the katana.

Learn something new everyday...literally.

                John

Thanks! It's pretty neat to teach something to somebody who has come up with
such cool stuff.

<blush> Thank You...twice

I am of the same thought as KK, I will credit you WHEN your design shows up
in my future creations =8^)

I'll have to put up some pics of my minifigs that were
inspired by your tire-hat guys.

Ahh...yes my "warriors of the steppes" AKA the Michelin clan...lol

I would be interested in seeing what you have created.  I really like "the
tire-heads".  I haven't done much with them since I made them...I will have
to revisit them.  If you change the color of the cone and used Star Wars
Robed torsos, you could call them Mamalukes or acheive a more middle-eastern
feel.

Actually, I got the idea about a naginata from
those same BrikWars pictures you mentioned, so thanks to Mike Rayhawk (I think
it was him) as well.
-Marc

That is the name I was trying to think of...I couldn't remember it or find
the link in my files.  My design w/ the lightsaber hilt was actually
inspired by the Samurai warrior in the movie "Brazil" which was on the
Sci-Fi channel the night I bought the naboo swamp.

                      John