 Castle / Ninja / 14
Re: How do YOU build them?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:37:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle.ninja, Chris Barker writes:
To get things started, I figure I'll ask how y'all build items which
would have been common accessories for samurai but are not available as
pre-made parts:

1 sashimono (the back mounted flag)

Johnny Blaze and I came up with some stuff for this involving a "brick
in the but" mounting with an antenna, but I'm open to other solutions

Butt.  I just use one hand to hold the side-grip on the lance or
saddle-mount it.  The Japanese didn't seem to be long on shields, so minifig
anatomy being what it is, only one hand is needed for a weapon.

2 jingasa (pointy iron helmet)

2x2 radar dish

Not a lot of other choices.  You can add a 1x1 round plate (dot) to the top
if you want to have color variety or a slightly different look.

3 nagatina (curved blade spear)

nothing yet

Bathroom plunger (flag holder, short antennae, whatever you call it), 1x1
round, Katana.

4 nagae-yari (long spear)

nothing yet

Just the standard spear.