 Castle / 9060
Re: Ninja stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 17:16:00 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
Quick Question

- Do people think of Ninja LEGO as Castle LEGO or as a seperate range. I
know they are in the 60xx range but I dont consider them as real Castle
EGO  - discuss

:)

Well, they're castles, they feature guys in armor with swords
on horseback, they're in the 60xx range and are shipped to toy
stores in boxes marked 'castle' -- so, they're Castle LEGO.  :^)

But, they're not european castle LEGO.  So I consider them both
(japanese and european castle lines ) as branches from the
same root.  In programming terms, they are both subclasses that
inherit most of their properties from the virtual root Castle
class.  :^)  It's just that the virtual root class 'castle'
very closely resembles the European castle line.  :^D  Dragonmaster
sets also inherit most of their properties from this root.

Imagine if the Aquazone sets had been released as part of the Space
series.  There's a lot of similarities between submarines and
spaceships - "zero-gravity" enclosed craft with canopies and wings
of sorts carrying guys in pressure suits and helmets.  LEGO could've
marketed them as the "HydroPlanet 2000 Space theme."  The Ninja sets
are certainly closer to the original castle theme than the
"Hyrdoplanet 2000" sets would've been to the original space theme.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"