 Castle / 9062
Re: Ninja stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 18:15:45 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
- Do people think of Ninja LEGO as Castle LEGO or as a seperate range. I
know they are in the 60xx range but I dont consider them as real Castle
EGO  - discuss
The Ninja Theme was what got me into the Castle Theme and I am still a
die-hard ninja fan.  Certainly I am not impressed with the offerings in the
Ninja Theme and the structures but I can say the minifigs are very well done
and the specialized pieces e.g. Ninja Rock Slope from FNF, are one of the
best castle pieces and I see that used all the time in both Ninja Theme and
Euro type castles that AFOLs have built.  Sometimes its what you can do with
what the theme offers that counts - and I say it counts a lot here.
Also, the diversity in cultural locations is also a good thing.  Why only
Euro castles since in Man's history castles are found all over - not just
Europe but Japan, China, Middle East, etc.  Lots more fun when there are
different castles to model.
Will have to admit after my next Japanese Castle (Himeji) project, I will
probably take a shot at an Euro castle just for grins. 8-)
KK