 Castle / 9050
Re: Ninja stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 13:19:05 GMT

James Stacey wrote:

Quick Question

- Do people think of Ninja LEGO as Castle LEGO or as a seperate range. I
know they are in the 60xx range but I dont consider them as real Castle
EGO  - discuss

Not So Quick Answer

I think that depends largely on how one views or uses LEGO in general.  For
me, all sets are parts and minifigs are the focus. I find no play value in
the buildings and such; they are parts with which to construct minifig scale
structures.

My play is oriented [pun intended]  toward medieval miniatures and LEGO is
my medium.  I can get up all sorts of European characters from Castle and
Ninja simply adds to the possibilities.  So to me they are essentially the
same range.

This view was conditioned by my enjoyment of Standard Games' line of
medieval board games-- Cry Havoc, Siege, Outremer, Samurai Blades, Viking
Raiders, and Dark Blades.  They are based on one counter=one person and a
consistent rules system.  One can have Vikings raiding Japan, Samurai
showing up in France, or Turcopoles in southern Italy.

Obviously it's all different for collectors.  For example, can one be Castle
Complete without Ninja?

JSA
--
Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often.