 Castle / 9057
Re: Ninja stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:36:07 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Stacey writes:
Quick Question

- Do people think of Ninja LEGO as Castle LEGO or as a seperate range. I
know they are in the 60xx range but I dont consider them as real Castle
EGO  - discuss

:)
--
James Stacey
www.minifig.co.uk

Well, when Ninja was released  there were no new castle sets released.  So
yes it could be considered castle.

of course ninjas and knights were from different time periods and parts of
the world.  a ninja castle could not be just down the river from the King's
mountain fortress while the Black falcons fortress could.  (in a
historically acurate LEGO world).

There is also the aspect of minifig cross-overs. as the early castle line
grew (excludeing the yellow castle period) there were minifig crossovers:
sets that had minifigs from more than one faction as the theme evolved,
Crusaders and black falcons, crusaders and forestmen, black falcons and
black knights,  crusaders and black knights, dark forest and dragon masters,
dark forest and royal knights, dragon masters and wolfpack, (no cross-over
from wolfpack to black knights  but they came out at the same time), royal
knights and dragon masters, royal knights and fright knights (is there a
royal knight in 6097?).  But there are no crossovers from fright knights to
ninja.  Again no cross-over to Knights kingdom but there is a possibility
that either the bulls or the kings men could gain a new enemy and they the
theme could evolve again. sorta like a family tree. but it stops at ninja.

I have always felt that Ninja was its own theme.  you can be castle complete
without owning any ninja stuff.  (but why would you not own ninja, they are
pretty cool and worse comes to worse have great castle parts.  I thank Ninja
for drawing me out of the dark ages)

John