 Castle / 8725
Re: Lego Web page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:37:22 GMT

-Having some inside/background info on this point I feel compelled to intervene…

                I'm responding to these statements first:

I doubt it. Most of us care a lot more about the content of your site than
about some legal mumbo-jumbo.
Pawel Nazarewicz

Apparently, there are those in the shadows who do not communicate through
Lugnet, but choose to act as official representatives of TLG and thus ignore
the liberties of people who ‘legally and rightfully’ obtained a domain name.
Individuals who let misdirected passion distort there views and effectually
create a situation where once there was none.

you haven't been asked to pull it down, so it's no big deal now.
Nathan McDowell

Oh, really… actually that did happen. All because of a few individuals who
had no knowledge of the implications of there deluded actions. Perhaps if
they were to be educated with domain name trademark law they would have
never been so naive to have cause the hassle. (Trust me, when a corporate
entity decides to target you with their teams of lawyers it’s a hassle.)

Concerning the dealio with Suzanne and the domain legopolis.com.
they were extremely polite to us and respectful of our efforts.
Todd Lehman

Well of course they were ‘polite,’ you do command a huge portion of the AFOL
and this market segment has quite a bit of purchasing power, and Suz WAS
“doing freelance design work for them at the time.” It’s a lot easier to
center out an individual who doesn’t command a community!!!

-I don’t believe that the point of discussion is clear! There was no
problem with the good Lugnet members who shared concern and attempted to
provide advice. It WAS the others (possibly lurkers) who decided to attack
Brian via e-mail. (Individuals whose names weren’t recognized from Lugnet)
These conniving few took it upon them selves to contact TLG.

*That’s right, ‘they’ offered info to TLG in the hopes of incriminating Brian.

Instead of saying “I don’t think that’s right to have the word ‘Lego’ in
your domain name. Therefore, ‘they’ concluded that nobody should, and those
that do will suffer the fanatical, vigilantly, zealot, idiocy of an
uninformed fool.
     ( O.K. sooo I too got a tinny little bit involved myself!)

P.S. I'm cross posting to General, cause this topic is shifting into more
legal/moral matters!

           Sincerely,
                           --==Richard==--

        You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®

  NO, I'm not legally representing Mr. Kasprzyk. But I do know law, and I've
been in a similar predicament myself.