 Castle / 8708
Re: Lego Web page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:07:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
A while back, I posted my web site out here on Lugnet, http://legobuilders.com
I hardly received any response to my posting except for people yelling at me
and pointing me to the "fair play rules" on Lego.com.
Worse than that, someone EVEN thought that they would take matters into
their own hands, thinking they were some lawyer GOD of Lego do and don't
do... and contacted Lego directly complaining about my usage of the word
Lego in my domain name.
None-the-less to say, my site is still up.  Which brings me to the point of
this post:
I was so disappointed about the response to my web site (after all the hard
work I put into it) that I basically stopped working on it.  So, here is my
question, did anyone like it at all that I should continue working on it;
the stories, personalities, places, etc.?  If you would like to see more of
my work or the next chapters in my stories, please post a response to this
or contact me directly at brian.kasprzyk@westgroup.com

Thanks for your time,

Brian, sorry to hear that you've stopped working on your site.  You and Andy
had a good thing going with what you were doing and you seemed really
enthusiastic about the whole project.  People did respond saying how much
they loved what you did and, if I recall, more than a few had to ask how you
did what you did in a few places (with your creations/constructions).  Only
about 4 people, myself included, said you should rethink your domain name,
just to be on the safe side.  I don't think people were trying to yell at
you, seriously.  People *have* been contacted by LEGO concerning their Fair
Play rules and believe it or not, some of the people who were responding to
your message were trying to look out for you so that you wouldn't have to
put up with all that garbage and go about getting a new domain.  Here's an
example of someone contacted by LEGO http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=21633
,  although they didn't demand the site be taken down they did have some
concerns about the LEGO name being used as part of a domain name.  But
enough of that, you still have the domain, you haven't been asked to pull it
down, so it's no big deal now.  Your site did create a buzz, people do like
it, and your postings did get double highlighted (meaning enough members of
LUGNET thought they were good enough to share with everyone in the
spotlight).  Not everyone who looks at your site or reads your messages is
going to respond, but trust me, they do get viewed.  There are lurkers
a-plenty. =)  Please don't give up on your site.  Keep up the good work and
I look forward to seeing more. =)

~Nathan