 Castle / 8716
Re: Lego Web page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 20:08:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan McDowell writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
A while back, I posted my web site out here on Lugnet, http://legobuilders.com
I hardly received any response to my posting except for people yelling at me
and pointing me to the "fair play rules" on Lego.com.
Worse than that, someone EVEN thought that they would take matters into
their own hands, thinking they were some lawyer GOD of Lego do and don't
do... and contacted Lego directly complaining about my usage of the word
Lego in my domain name.

That was probably over the line, but all the people "yelling" at you were
trying to look out for you. Ultimately you have to make your own decision
about the risk level, but that domain name does fit a pattern that LEGO
legal has acted on in the past.

Nathan has it right... they were trying to help and snapping back at them is
not the right thing to do. Just take their advice on board, thank them for
it, and decide what to do for yourself.

++Lar