 Castle / 8712
Re: Lego Web page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 19:01:57 GMT

Thanks for asking!  I didn't have any complaints about the house I posted.
I was very happy with that.  What I wasn't happy about was when I posted my
actual website.  I know there was positive feedback 'posted' on Lugnet, but
Lugnet doesn't reflect the dozen or so emails I received via my personal
email flaming me for the usage of legobuilders.com nor the correspondence I
received form Lego Corp directly related to the emails I received at home.
None of those people posted on Lugnet (at least with the same name).  So, I
was really trying to figure out if I was being 'boycotted' in a sense for my
name selection, which leads me to the second thing.

I doubt it.  Most of us care a lot more about the content of your site than
about some legal mumbo-jumbo.  I for one could care less about anything
other than your creations.  If someone wants to flame you via e-mail, who cares?

I never noticed this thing before!  What does it mean to have a highlight?
All I recall is as soon as my .announce (for the web site) was on the top 10
for the day section, it was immediately gone. (Maybe out there for a half
hour)  That was what I was basing my speculation of the acceptance of my
page.  When I posted my 1 house, it was in the top ten for 8 days!  Thus, my
reasoning that my web site was a 'crash and burn.

Highlights are votes that you receive by Lugnet members.  If you get two of
them you get a "!" and if you get four of them, you receive a double "!!"  If
you were to ask me, you should get more according to the number of people
that rate your site.  But anyway - being on top of the news stories is very
finicky - sometimes it's for a week, sometimes it's for a half-hour.  It all
depends.

-- Pawel

http://web.utk.edu/~pnazarew/new/