 Castle / 7846
Re: Guarded Inn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:24:07 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.castle, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Good point. But weren't those out of production already when this set came
out? I may be wrong. It's a Joshua Delahunty type question.

Back in 1986 I ordered a red windows and doors supplemental pack...among
other things, it had two 1x1x2 windows, two 1x2x1, windows, and two 1x1x1
windows(1). This supplemental pack was probably a year or four old by
'86, but wouldn't they
still have the mold in production while the pack was still for sale?

Not necessarily. They may have run off an estimated 6 years worth of that
pack in 1977 (or whenever it was released) with that being the last good
shots the mold had left, and junked the mold. Then it sold a bit slower than
expected so you got it in 1986.

Set 836, a 1982 set per the Guide has the small red windows, I forget
the quantities.

But still, that places the end of that mold (if my speculation is right) a
lot closer to 1980 than I thought. I'd be willing to wager (but happily lose
the bet and pay off gladly) that the mold is long gone at this point.

Well, 836 probably extends the life of the mould a bit...

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com